dimanche 2 janvier 2011

Books read this year (40)

(Attention: Cet article est en Anglais vu que tous les livres que j'ai lu étaient en Anglais)

This past year (2010) I read 40 books (novels). Here is the list (in chronological order):

By Terry Goodkind (13)
  • The Sword of Truth saga (11 books)
  • Debt of Bones
  • Law of nines
By Orson Scott Card (22)
  • Ender's Game
  • Homecoming series (5 books)
  • Ender's quartet (4 - yes I reread Ender's game it was too good)
  • War of Gifts
  • Ender's Shadow series (4)
  • Ender in exile
  • Alvin Maker series (6)
By miscellaneous authors
  • Do Androids dream of electric sheep, by Philip K. Dick
  • The Ring of Solomon, by Jonathan Stroud
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society Trilogy, by Trenton Lee Stewart (3)
It was a very good year in terms of reading. Marjorie might have felt I spent a little too much time on it, but when you start reading, you can't stop. I'm so glad and grateful for books ... good books. Of course, one cannot neglect the most important ones: scriptures. Well, I did read the Book of Mormon once during the year and the children's version twice with Zeke. I'm also almost done with D&C, so at least, I'm not slacking off on spiritual reading.

Now, any suggestions for 2011? Just insert them in your comments!



1 commentaire:

Emily a dit...

I know you're more of a fiction/fantasy kind of guy, but I can give you some recommendations in a different genre. I really love the Malcolm Gladwell books. I'm reading The Brain That Changes Itself - also a psychology type book - and am really enjoying it. The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom, and The Alchemist are also classic feel good types. Maybe you've read them?